New Downtown Condos Coming to Historic Grand Rapids Building!
December 31, 2014
It’s official! The Olds Manor building located at 201 Michigan St NW will soon undergo an exciting conversion to a multi-use residential retail building called ‘The Rowe.’
Olds Manor, which is located just east of the Grand River next to the downtown post office, is downtown Grand Rapids’ last remaining major vacant building and has been owned by RDV Corp. since 2002, when it was purchased from Peter Secchia by Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel for $4.5 million.
The building will undergo a complete restoration of its beautiful historic facade, along with the creation of an underground parking garage. When complete, The Rowe will feature dining and shopping venues on the ground floor, apartments on the third through ninth floors, and new condominiums on the upper two floors.
The building originally served as a downtown Grand Rapids hotel in the 1920s through the 1960s.
Construction on the new project is slated to begin in the Spring of 2015.
For more information about condo developments in and around downtown Grand Rapids, please contact SVG Real Estate Firm at (616) 439-1927